Hey there friend!
It has been a while since we have talked!
2017 was quite the rollercoaster for me, so while reflecting on habits I wanted to clean up from 2017, I realized I wanted to simplify what I carry with me to plan everyday. By keeping my colors and items super simple, it has already helped me stay focused and organized!
Sometimes, when I am getting organized, I think that means buy all the organization things! However, it can mean quite the opposite! I am carrying fewer items in my everyday bag, and keeping my planning super minimalistic. Consequently, I will be spending less time playing with new planning tools, and more time actually doing things…
I mean, sometimes it is just more fun to plan! Who is with me? However, my goal this year is to get things done!
Haha, alright, let’s dive into my everyday carry items!
Here is my basic set up. These are my absolute favorite things right now. I have linked items below! (No affiliate links)
- Filofax 2016 A5, The Original Pillarbox Red (Top left) This planner is on the pricer side, but I love how sturdy but flexible the leather is. These rings are large enough for me to write, but small enough to fit in my satchel purse. This is used for my everyday checklist planning.
- Muji A5 Dot Grid (Easy Open) Notebook (Top right) This Japanese brand has done. everything. riiiiiggghht. This notebook lays perfectly FLAT, so it will be easy when I am having individual appointments with students – taking notes and drafting preliminary educational plans. It is small, the paper quality is SMOOTH and the dots are just the right shade of gray.
- Boss Babe Madison Ave Couture Foxy Fix (Bottom left) This little B6 (also known in Foxy Fix terms as the No. 5) is sooooo soft. I had this customized to say “Hustle and Grace,” (my mantra) and here is where I store all of my business ideas and plans. The inserts I have are bullet journal style, so it promotes creativity and productivity! The shipping time of this brand, Foxy Fix, is extremely slow since the stitching, cord colors, embossing and more is all customizable, but well worth the investment for me. This bad boy stays home most days.
Now, on to the stationary!
This year I have all my little pens and essentials in a small container store travel pouch. I keep paper clips, one roll of MT washi tape, correction tape, mechanical pencil, and of course one black sharpie! Additionally, I want to highlight some of my current favorites that I have been LOVING!
- Papermate InkJoy Gel Pens 0.7 – Yup, I jumped on this trend so fast and I have no regrets! I love how this pen writes – super black; minimal smudging. Although the ink dries out quick, I find myself buying them again and again.
- Zebra NC5 “Highlighter” Mildliners – These are my new go to “highlighters.” The colors are beautifully muted and mildliners are awesome “highlighters” without the blinding effect of those neon highlighters. Plus no shadowing through pages!
- Sakura Pigma Micron Drawing Pen 02 – I use these pens for my bullet style journal because there is no shadowing or bleeding through pages as well. I just got into these pens, so I will see how they hold up in the long run.
Overall, it does not really matter what you use, as long as it works for you.
My tips for simple planning?
- Limit yourself to a few color coding colors. Too many can clutter your planner and mind.
- Only carry around things that work for you, everyday. Those expo markers (or flair pens…) can stay at home or the office! You’ll manage without them!
- Separate your notebooks and binders when needed. I tried to write down all my life stuff, counseling stuff, teaching stuff, and business stuff in one planner. Ugh. It was overwhelming to say the least!
How are you staying organized this year? Comment below and let me know on social media!
Until next time!
With love and caffeine,
Join other unique counselors in refreshing your counselor life with captivating resources that matter!
Simply enter your info and you'll get access to my freebies because you are awesome!
Check your email to confirm sign up and get the access code!